Last updated on August 26th, 2022 at 03:11 pm
- Walkright Kids Denim Easy Fasten Canvas Shoes
- Walkright Girls White Butterfly Lace Up Canvas
- Kids Dinosaur Navy & Green Wellington Boots
- Peppa Pig Kids Silver Wellington Boots
- Kids’ Blue & Green Easy Fasten Trainer
- Skechers Girls Selectors Trainer in Grey
- Paw Patrol Kids Touch Fasten Trainers in Pink
- PJ Masks Kids Blue Touch Fasten Trainers
- Walkright Girls Pink Rainbow Easy Fasten Sandals
- Chatterbox Bruno Kids Khaki Touch Fasten Sandals
Most parents can’t wait for the day their child takes their first steps. It’s a memory filled with pride and beaming faces. And once toddlers are on their feet, moving around by themselves, nothing can stop them. From splashing in muddy puddles to bumbling around the garden with older brothers and sisters, there are so many memories to be made when children are exploring the world so early in their life.
That’s why it’s important to kit them out with the best shoes for toddlers. Check out our guide below to get all the help you need to keep your toddler comfortable when taking their first steps.
What should I look for in shoes for toddlers?
When choosing the best shoes for toddlers, there are a few important factors to bear in mind.
- Getting the right size shoe for your toddler should be your number one concern. After all, your toddler might be too young to let you know if their shoes are too small or big – making it all the more important for you to choose the best fit. Check out our boys’ and girls’ size guides.
- You’ll want shoes for all occasions, so pick out a hard-wearing pair that can withstand any environment.
- Your little one will feel more comfortable walking on their own if their shoes feel snug around their feet.
- During all that exploring, your child’s feet may sweat a little. The right material can help keep their feet dry and ventilated, preventing any discomfort or smell.
- The right type of fastening will keep your little one’s shoes firmly in place, giving them more balance and control, while reducing the chance of friction and rubbing.
The best canvas shoes for toddlers
Light and breathable, canvas shoes are great for those summer wanders around the garden or at the park. These canvas shoes will put your toddler on the front foot for the outdoors.
These unisex denim canvas shoes come with easy fastening straps. That means they can be slipped on and off with ease – perfect when your little one is yo-yoing in and out of the house in the summer. The denim material is ideal for keeping your tot’s feet dry while looking stylish.
Colourful and comfortable, these butterfly canvas shoes are perfect for that first summer holiday. A gripped outer sole provides plenty of traction for wobbly legs, and the textile material breathes well. Laces provide these vibrant pumps with a snug fit that won’t cause any unwanted friction on sunny adventures.
The best wellies for toddlers
Your little one will be roaring into action in these prehistoric-themed wellies. A small heel and a gripped outer sole make these a great option for kitting out your tot for the winter months. Easily slipped on or off, these dinosaur boots are perfect for toddlers that enjoy unearthing adventures of their own in the garden.
These pig-patterned wellies come with a dash of sparkle. A well-fitted insole helps pad out the foot for added comfort, keeping your toddler’s toes protected and dry. What’s more, the Peppa Pig character design might make them all the more appealing to wear. Check out our winter walking tips for children and adults.
The best trainers for toddlers
A pair of get-up-and-go trainers is the perfect partner for toddlers taking their first steps. These trainers are durable, comfortable, and above all practical – making them a great option for all terrain.
An ideal choice for active toddlers. These boys’ trainers feature a memory foam insole and mesh panel for extra comfort and a snug fit, reducing rubbing and preventing bothersome blisters. A rip tape fastening means they can be slipped on and off with ease – helping them learn how to get ready themselves, when the time comes.
These easy fasten trainers are best for toddlers still getting used to moving around on their own two feet. Extra cushioning provides a secure and comfortable fit, and the flexible outer sole makes them durable – perfect for kids on the go.
The best character shoes for toddlers
A pair of shoes decorated with your toddler’s favourite TV characters is a sure-fire way of persuading them to get ready for a day out. These character shoes come in a variety of styles and fits – providing substance as well as style.
Fantastic for fans of Paw Patrol, these robust slip-on trainers are easy fit and easy wear. You can rely on these trainers to put up with all kinds of mischief thanks to their combination of lace-up and fasten straps, which adds extra comfort and a close fit for active kids.
The best sandals for toddlers
Great for those family days at the beach, where your toddler may be getting used to paddling in the waves and building sandcastles for the first time. An open-toed sandal should offer enough protection and comfort to your child’s feet, while also keeping them dry and aired. Look for shoes with a good fit that are still easy to remove – such as these.
These open-toed sandals are ideal for warm weather adventures and first trips to the seaside. Colourful and comfortable, an easy touch fasten strap allows you to slip them on or off with ease. A padded sole offers an extra support and grip.
Being a toddler is a magical time of life. They’re exploring their surroundings with more independence than ever – and the right shoes can make them enjoy every minute of the experience.