Last updated on October 27th, 2022 at 12:34 pm
The latest trend on TikTok is all about how to look your best in photos – and a top piece of advice from influencers is to aim for a head-to-toe image.
Users are turning to the video streaming platform in their millions for advice on how to pose in photos.
Our research showed that across Google, searches for the phrase “how to pose for pictures” have grown by 170% in the past three months.
Content on TikTok that teaches people how to look their best in photos hauls in billions of views.
TikTok #Howtopose sensation
Some popular search terms are:
- #howtopose has 4.2 billion views
- #learnhowtopose – 19.2 million
- #howtoposelikeapro – 18.2 million
- #teachmehowtopose – 4 thousand
The most liked #howtopose video is a tutorial by the fashion, beauty and lifestyle influencer @beingnavi07
The ‘simple and beautiful poses for suit lovers’ video has received 3.4 million likes (and counting).
Other popular #howtopose tutorials include couples poses, mirror poses, event poses, and even poses for people who don’t consider themselves to be photogenic.
The top ten creators under the hashtag are:
Top #Howtopose advice from TikTok stars
One of the most commonly given pieces of advice is to ensure that in your pose your whole self is visible from the top of your head down to your fabulous shoes.
Popular advice is:
- Create triangle shapes with legs and arms (such as placing a hand on a hip or sitting with a knee raised)
- Experiment with hand placement
- Enhance your imageswith great surroundings
- Play with camera angles
- Position yourself in the middle of the shot – your phone camera may have a grid setting to help you achieve this
- If you don’t have someone to take pictures for you, use the self-timer or take a video that you can screenshot from
- For a more natural look, try taking ‘burst’ photos as you move around then pick your favourite
- Have fun with it
- Experiment with your expression and where you cast your gaze
- Make sure your whole body is in the shot
Shop #howtopose shoes with Shoe Zone
Get the best look for all your head-to-toe photo poses with shoes from Shoe Zone, whether you’re looking for smart or casual, heels, flats, lace-ups or loafers.
For more top tips on how to look your best, try:
- The best shoes to wear with chinos – a style guide
- How to clean vegan shoes
- The best shoes for camping with friends and family