Last updated on November 22nd, 2022 at 09:29 am
With more of us spending time indoors in recent years, investing in a quality pair of slippers has never been more important. Whether you’re working from home or relaxing on the sofa, a pair of trustworthy slippers will keep your feet protected (and warm) all year round.
With designs to suit every style and budget, we’ve rounded up our top picks on the best slippers for women, including cosy soft-lined booties and effortlessly stylish mules – perfect for slipping into after a busy day.
What’s on this page:
How to choose the right slippers for you
Generally speaking, a good pair of slippers will usually have a thick rubber sole and be made from materials such as leather or suede (great for keeping your feet warm). A quality slipper will also have a supportive back for extra security when you’re walking around the house.
But choosing the right pair of slippers for you will depend on your personal preferences and lifestyle. Are you after a pair of durable slippers that will last all year round, or are you seeking something stylish to keep your feet warm?
With a variety of designs to choose from, there’s something to suit every need. Here are some of the most popular slipper styles for women:
- Moccasins – A great option for when the temperature drops. The hardwearing soles help protect against hard wood flooring, while luxurious faux-fur lining ensures a warm and snug fit.
- Mules – Mule slippers are a cosy yet fashionable choice for working from home. With little to no backs, mules can be conveniently slipped on without any hassle.
- Booties – Slipper boots keep you warm from calf to toe, making them the perfect choice of footwear during the colder months. And with plenty of trendy styles to choose from at affordable prices, they’re great for all ages – even fashion-conscious teenagers.
- Open-toe – It’s no surprise that open-toe slippers are one of the latest footwear trends. Stylish and practical for any temperature, open-toe slippers keep your feet protected while giving your toes room to breathe.
- Full slippers – Arguably one of the best slippers on the market, a full slipper will keep your feet warm and protected all day long. The hard soles are defensive against cold floors and designed to prevent against wear and tear. If you’re after a quality slipper that will last all year round, then a full slipper may be for you.
What are the best women’s slippers?
Still unsure which slipper is right for you? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve reviewed the best slippers from our range for features like style, durability and, of course, comfort.
Allie Navy Moccasin Slipper
Carefully crafted with care, these slippers feature a cosy faux-fur lining and memory foam foot bed cushion. These gorgeous navy slippers also come with a little gift box, making them a perfect Christmas or birthday present.
Top Tip: If you’re looking for slippers to wear in the house and the garden, choose a pair with a sturdy gripped sole that can be worn both indoors and outdoors.
Open Toe Mule in Grey
These grey open toe mule slippers from The Slipper Company are not only super stylish, but the simple slip-on design makes them an ideal option for relaxing around the house.
Top Tip: Style with your favourite tracksuit for that Insta-worthy loungewear look.
Popcorn Grey Bootie Slipper
These luxurious Totes Popcorn Bootie Slippers will keep your feet warm and toasty when the cold weather hits. The soft grey upper is designed for both style and comfort.
Top Tip: Slippers don’t have to be plain and boring. Show off your personality in a fun, trendy style that adds a little bit of flair to your evening routine.
Skechers Cozy Campfire Slipper
Featuring a navy upper with a grey and navy faux fur trim, Skechers campfire slippers are a stylish yet cosy alternative to traditional styles. Treat your feet to the best and enjoying sinking into the inner faux-fur lining and padded sole after a long busy day.
Top Tip: Slippers with a cushioned back give your feet an extra layer of support, making them a great choice for those who are less mobile.
Prue Slipper in Brown
These glamorous rue slippers in brown are guaranteed to make a style statement. Their open toe design makes them perfect for any season, while the faux fur straps and soles are built for added comfort and durability.
Top Tip: To care for your faux fur slippers, avoid throwing them in the wash. Instead give them a gentle hand-wash using warm water and a mild washing power. Read our full slipper cleaning guide for more tips.
Cotswold Sopworth Tan Moccasin Slipper
These Cotswold Sopworth Slippers are inspired by cosy country living. Featuring a dreamy faux-fur lining, soft tan suede upper and custom-fit lacing system, these stylish moccasins are sure to add a touch of luxury to your everyday routine.
Top Tip: Make sure your suede and leather slippers stay scuff free with a waterproof protectant spray.
Sparkle Red Mule Slipper
Top Tip: Their vivid but darkened shade of red means these Totes slippers can be paired with anything in your wardrobe, making them a great WFH option.
The Slipper Company Women’s Lilac Mule Slipper
These lilac mule slippers from The Slipper Company are simple, yet stylish – and an absolute steal. Their padded lining keeps feet cushioned on-the-go, while an arched sole offers extra support underfoot.
Top Tip: Pop your slippers in the washing machine on a gentle cycle to give them a lease of new life.
Looking for more footwear inspiration? Check out the Shoe Zone blog for style tips and tricks and updates on the latest trends.