Last updated on September 28th, 2022 at 03:28 pm
It’s time to say goodbye to summer and get ready for the coming colder months. With boot season just around the corner, you’ll want to pick the perfect pair to tackle the unpredictable weather and keep your feet comfortable.
Ready for sleet, snow, and everything glorious British weather has to throw at you? We’ve put together our guide for the top 10 best boots to take you anywhere, from work to casual walks and evenings out.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at some of the best go-to styles of boots for men for this autumn/winter:
- Ankle boots – so versatile, you can wear them with almost anything. Ankle boots pair well with most styles of jeans and are great for everyday wear.
- Chelsea boots – trade in your summer trainers as the days start getting colder. Pair some Chelsea boots with a trench coat for a classic autumnal outfit.
- Desert boots – just what you need for a smart-casual look. They always work well with chinos and polo shirts, or even to dress down a suit.
- Leather boots – waterproof and stylish, these statement shoes are perfect for special events. A good pair of leather boots are a staple for every well-prepared wardrobe.
- Lace up boots – ever versatile, sturdy, and reliable, lace ups go well with both casual and formal outfits.
- Pull on boots – practical, easy to put on, and ideal to wear with seasonal sweaters and comfortable jeans.
What’s on this page:
- What should you look for to find the best boots?
- The best ankle boots for men
- The best timeless Chelsea boots for men
- The best desert boots for men
- The best leather boots for men to add style this season
- The best lace up boots for men to rely on
- The best pull on boots for men
What should you look for to find the best boots?
There are some things to consider when looking for a good pair of boots that’ll see you through rain, snow, and carpets of mushy brown leaves. For example:
- Comfort – you want to choose a stylish pair that you can also wear for long periods of time without getting sore feet. Make sure you find the perfect fit – and that they’ll feel snug with a good pair of winter socks.
- Style – aside from functionality, boots are a great addition to any outfit to keep you on-trend. Think about any events you might be attending or what ‘vibe’ you’re going for this season.
- Weatherproof – you’ll need boots that are ready to take you through rain and mud while keeping your feet warm and dry. Look for a thick sole and even a padded inner for extra warmth.
- Affordability – when it comes to finding a good pair of boots. Good value for money is an important factor to bear in mind. Luckily, at Shoe Zone, we’ve a large collection of cheap and designer boots to suit everyone.
Which is the best boots brand for men?
We understand the struggle when it comes to finding a boots brand that not only makes good-looking shoes, but also doesn’t put you out of pocket. Luckily for you, we partner with a number of popular brands that produce some of the best boots for men out there.
Whatever the occasion, we’ve got you covered. For example:
- If you’re looking for versatile leather boots ready to take on the elements, we recommend Hush Puppies.
- When it comes to hiking, Regatta and Trespass are some of the best choices, with their famously durable and comfortable fits.
- Urban Territory produces some great lace up boots, perfect for both autumnal walks and weddings.
- Cotswold are known for their classic styles. Their brown and tan leather Chelsea and brogue boots are seasonal wardrobe staples.
Read on for our run-down of the top 10 best boots for men to wear this autumn and winter.
The best ankle boots for men
Every man’s autumn/winter wardrobe must have a pair of ankle boots. With so many styles, materials, and colours to choose from, there’s a pair for every occasion. From practical workwear to fashionable everyday wear, these boots will suit most outfits, while keeping you warm and trendy.
Here are our top picks for this season’s best ankle boots:
1. Original Penguin Sycamore Men’s Tan Boot
From Original Penguin, these tan boots are great for walking. The lace-up fastening ensures a tight fit and the deep cleated outsole offers stability. On or off the beaten path, these boots pair well with some stylish dungarees or cargo trousers.
2. Urban Territory Men’s Lace Up Brown Boot
Get ready to stand out with a pair of these Urban Territory brown boots. The contrast stitch detailing adds style, while the lace-up fastening and the side zip provide quick fitting. Whether you’re traversing woodland or rainy pavements, these are the perfect all-rounders.
The best timeless Chelsea boots for men
Chelsea boots were introduced in the 1850s and, to this day, they remain a fashion staple. They’re well-suited to autumn-inspired outfits (not to mention the weather), and are known for their elastic side panels that fit perfectly around the ankles. Our range of Chelsea boots are available in both suede and leather and are perfect for crunchy orange walks and evenings out.
The best Chelsea boots to wear this autumn are:
3. Beckett Men’s Chelsea Boot in Black
The Beckett Men’s Chelsea boots are a great addition to any smart look. With a classic round toe and a pull-on loop to slip them on easily, they’re also extremely practical.
4. Cotswold Farmington Men’s Chelsea Boot in Brown
Step into the countryside with a pair of brown Chelsea boots from Cotswold Farmington, specially crafted for demanding terrains – and demanding smart-casual events. The waterproof Nubuck leather will keep your feet dry in the rainy days ahead, all while looking great, of course.
The best desert boots for men
Also known as chukka boots, desert boots were initially (and unsurprisingly) designed for the challenging desert weather. The American actor Steve McQueen made these boots famous, often wearing them on and off-screen alongside his infamously stylish wardrobe. Stylish, sturdy, and comfortable, desert boots are the ultimate smart-casual shoes.
Let’s take a look at our top desert boot picks:
5. Lambretta Chiswick Sand Men’s Desert Boot
Boost your confidence with these statement Chiswick desert boots from Lambretta. Featuring stitch detailing and that classic tan suede look, their low-heeled outsoles add some height and a stable grip. An autumn must-have.
6. Hush Puppies Men’s Samuel Boot in Grey
These Hush Puppies grey desert boots are the perfect pairing for a classic look. They’re built with a water repellent coating and lightweight soles for comfort, which adds to their all-round versatility. Whether you’re looking for the right wedding shoe or a date night favourite – look no further.
The best leather boots for men to add style this season
Leather has been used in shoemaking for over 5000 years. Alongside being durable, breathable, and water resistant, this material is also effortlessly timeless. Leather boots are the ideal footwear for both casual and professional events, combining comfort with style. If you’re looking for more substance than style, then you’re in luck – the material also makes for the perfect outdoor boot too.
The best leather boots we recommend wearing this season are:
7. Regatta Tebay Men’s Brown Leather Hiking Boot
For all your outdoor adventures, the Tebay leather boots from Regatta are an excellent choice. They’re made from Isotex and Hydropel waterproof fabric, so are ready to take on winter downpours. These boots also have an EVA footbed for extra comfort, not to mention their super-secure grip.
8. Catesby Men’s Black Leather Formal Lace Up Boot
Rely on a pair of Catesby black leather lace up boots to take you to all your work meetings and formal events. Featuring punched, stitch detailing, lace-up fastening for a secure fit, and a pull tab that helps fitting, these boots spell style and sophistication.
The best lace up boots for men to rely on
Officially patented in March 1790, today, shoelaces are a taken-for-granted essential ‘ingredient’ to making reliable shoes. Lace up boots can be paired with a formal outfit, dressed down for a casual day out, and even worn as personal protective equipment (PPE).
We picked a pair of the best lace up boots you can trust this coming season:
9. EarthWorks Men’s Lace up Safety Boot in Black
These lace up safety boots from EarthWorks feature a black collar trim and steel toe caps to ensure maximum protection. They also feature oil resistant cleated soles and are compliant with the current safety regulations, so you can rest (and work) assured knowing your feet are taken care of.
The best pull on boots for men
Aside from comfort and style, it’s always a bonus if your boots are practical. When you are in a rush or feeling lazy, a pair of pull ons are exactly the pair of autumn/winter shoes you need. We have a range of versatile and varied styles in our collection of pull-on boots to suit your style, whatever the occasion.
Let’s take a look at one of the best choices for pull on boots for the coming season:
10. Hush Puppies Gary Men’s Brown Leather Boot
From Hush Puppies, these Gary leather boots offer everything you need in a stylish and snug boot. Enjoy double covered elastic gussets to easily slip them on, memory foam insoles for extra comfort, and breathable textile sock lining. What more could you need this autumn?
Has the time come for some new work boots and you’re not sure which ones to buy? Our guide to the top 10 safety shoes will help you pick the right pair. You can also check out the Shoe Zone blog for more useful tips and tricks for the colder months.