Last updated on February 16th, 2023 at 01:58 pm
- Lilley & Skinner Hallie Women’s Heeled Sandal
- Lunar Sabrina Women’s Blush Satin Heeled Shoes
- Cushion Walk Idaho Women’s Gold Heeled Sandal
- Lilley Women’s Rose Gold Diamante Strappy Sandals
- Lilley & Skinner Women’s Silver Leather Flat Sandals
- Lilley Women’s White Cut Out Diamante Flat Shoes
Deciding on the perfect bridesmaid shoes can be a tricky call. While you may have spent weeks choosing your ideal dress, footwear is a different kettle of fish entirely – with even more considerations to weigh up. At Shoe Zone, we’ve got your back (or, more accurately, your foot) with a selection of the best bridesmaid shoes. Take a look at our top choices and stride down that aisle in style.
What do I need to look for in a bridesmaid shoe?
Aesthetics are important on your wedding day. After all, your bridesmaids’ shoes need to look great on all those wedding pictures that are going to be around for years to come. But your footwear also needs to:
- Be supportive and comfortable. You’re on your feet for most of the day at a wedding – from the ceremony, to the reception, to boogying until the early hours of the morning – so support and comfort are key.
- Match the dress. When considering what shoes to wear with a bridesmaid’s dress, look to match your footwear with the overall style and colour of your outfit. For example, you might choose a neutral colour or something metallic like silver or gold.
- Have a comfortable heel height. It’s essential to choose a heel height that all your bridesmaids are comfortable in. Generally, if your bridesmaids want to wear heels rather than flats – a popular debate when considering wedding shoes – a block heel is most comfortable.
- Have lasting appeal. Often, bridesmaids pay for their own shoes – so it’s a good idea to choose a style everyone is happy with and will want to wear again.
- Be right for the venue. High heels aren’t always the best bridesmaid shoe option for an outdoor wedding as they tend not to fair well outdoors. Likewise, a flat shoe might look a little dressed down at a church wedding.
The best heels for bridesmaids
Heels are a popular choice for a wedding day. They look sleek and stylish while adding a beautiful feminine touch to your bridesmaid look. What’s more, they lengthen legs and can help your bridesmaids feel more confident and comfortable in their dresses.
Top tip: Let your bridesmaids choose their shoes to make sure they’re comfortable on the big day. Guests are more likely to notice a bridesmaid who can’t walk in her heels than one wearing a different style of shoe.
Elegant and stylish with diamante detailing along the straps, these chic heels make the perfect bridesmaid shoes. Complete with a small block heel and supportive straps, the silver heeled sandals complement a variety of dress styles and offer that glamorous touch you’re looking for on your special day. The small heel height also means they’re ideal for wearing all day long and will see you right through the day – until the DJ spins his last track.
Adorned with a decorative flower and in classy blush satin, these beautiful small heels can round off your bridesmaids’ look nicely. The buckle strap fastener secures your feet, providing comfort and support. On top of their striking visual appeal, these shoes also have the added benefit of a grip sole, so you can be confident of avoiding any mishaps when you’re walking down the aisle.
Top tip: Make sure all your bridesmaids have had a dress fitting with the shoes they plan to wear on the big day. This will help you get the length of their dresses right.
Traditional and classic nude block heels are always a smart choice for bridesmaids. The neutral nude shade goes with any colour of dress. The sturdy block heel will guarantee comfort from the ceremony to the after party. Best of all, this shoe’s chic style is one bridesmaids will love long after your wedding day.
Flat bridesmaid shoes
Heels have many perks. However, flat shoes can be a saviour – especially if you have an outdoor wedding. Who’d be uncomfortable on a day as important as this? With some bridesmaid dresses long enough to cover your shoes, these flat and comfy shoes look just as fabulous as heels.
Did you know? A wedding day can mean being on your feet for almost 15 hours, so choose your shoes wisely.
Delicate and detailed, these gorgeous sandals are perfect for a summer wedding and work just as well outdoors as indoors. With glittery diamante detailing across the straps, they’re stylish and comfortable. They also include handy ankle strap fastenings for keeping them on securely.
To complete your look, you could match these straps with your clutch bag, dress detailing or jewellery
Ultra-feminine with floral detailing, these silver flat leather sandals are the stuff of wedding daydreams. With an open toe and ankle strap fastening, bridesmaids will be able to attend to the bride’s every need in these – and still have the energy to party until the early hours.
While sandals are a cute option to show off your pre-wedding pedicure, a winter wedding calls for something a little more robust – like these open-toed ballerina pumps. While the extra coverage keeps your feet a little warmer while you stand outside having photos taken, you’ll stay looking stylish too with the diamante studs and cut-out detailing.
When it comes to where to buy bridesmaid shoes, it’s usually best to decide what to wear as a group. Who knows, you might even be able to agree on a mixture of heels and flats to suit each bridesmaid’s taste!