Last updated on October 27th, 2022 at 11:59 am
You’ve secured your tickets and organised your travel and sleeping arrangements, now all that’s left to do is plan your outfits and footwear. If you’ve never been to a festival before, you probably don’t realise how much time you’ll end up spending on your feet – so choosing the right footwear is key.
With that in mind, we’ve put together the ultimate guide to the best festival shoes for men and women to ensure tired, wet, or blistered feet don’t stop you from dancing the night away.
What’s on this page:
- What shoes should you wear to a festival
- Best Wellies for Festivals
- Best Men’s and Women’s Festival Boots
- Best Festival Sandals
- Best Trainers for Festivals
What shoes should you wear to a festival?
The best festival shoes should be comfortable, ready to take you from stage to stage, and keep your feet supported. They should also be versatile and equipped for various terrains, whether concrete, sand, grass or, inevitably, mud.
We’ve picked out the best festival shoes for men and women. From boots and sandals to trainers and wellies.
- Wellies – Wellies are the obvious choice when it comes to festival footwear. Not only do they keep your feet dry against the rain and the mud, but they are also super easy to clean.
- Hiking boots – Walking or hiking boots are a popular choice amongst male and female festival-goers. They are waterproof and durable, yet light and breathable. Their waterproof qualities will also help keep your feet protected from the elements.
- Flip-flops and sliders – Flip-flops and sliders may not be the first choice that springs to mind when packing for a festival. But, if you’re planning on using the communal showers, a pair of sliders or flip-flops will come in super handy.
- Sandals – If you’re lucky enough to be heading abroad for a weekend in the sun to enjoy the European music scene, sandals are a great choice. Pair with denim shorts and a cute summer dress and you’re good to go.
- Boots – Boots are a go-to among festival fans. Not only do men’s and women’s festival boots, such as biker boots or lace-ups, keep your feet protected from muddy fields, but they are also super comfortable and fashionable.
- Trainers – If you’re certain the sun will be shining, trainers are a great choice, especially if you want to opt for a more casual look. For example, white trainers are a perfect pairing for almost any outfit. Not to mention, they’ll keep your feet cushioned and comfortable throughout the day.
Best Wellies for Festivals
Here are some of our top picks for some of the best wellies for a festival, whether you’re wanting to hide your feet from the rain or make a fashion statement.
Zone Women’s Black Glitter Welly
Rock up to your festival in style with a pair of sleek Black Glitter Wellies. Featuring a glossy and glittery finish and a thick sole for added comfort and support, these wellies are guaranteed to keep your feet comfortable all day long – and add a bit of sparkle to your day.
Zone Adults Black Welly
These Adults Wellies are perfect for both men and women. Available in a simple matte black finish, they are made from waterproof rubber to keep your feet warm and dry. The thick gripped sole also provides comfort and protection from those unpredictable bouts of festival weekend weather.
Cotswold Women’s Windsor Short Black Welly
If it’s a rainy day, Windsor Short Wellies by Cotswold are a practical and lightweight choice. These wellies are available in five different colours and feature an adjustable side buckle closure for the perfect fit.
Best Men’s and Women’s Festival Boots
Hush Puppies Women’s Tan Iva Ankle Boots
Brought to you by Hush Puppies, the Women’s Iva Ankle Boots are guaranteed to elevate any outfit. Combining comfort and style, these chic boots are perfect for festivals or everyday wear.
Sedai Women’s White Lace Up Boot
Available in six sizes, these White Lace Up Boots by Sedai feature a padded insole for added comfort, while their chunky platform outsole provides height and stability. They’re a great choice if you’re wanting something fashionable, that’ll still keep your feet protected from festival terrain.
Urban Territory Men’s Lace Up Black Boots
Manufactured by Urban Territory, these Men’s Lace Up Boots are certain to see you through the festival season, come rain or shine. They feature a smooth black or brown outer, which is easy to clean, and a hard-wearing durable sole.
Best Festival Sandals
Zone Women’s Beige Chunky Mule Slider Sandal
These Chunky Mule Slider Sandals by Zone are the perfect addition to your summer festival attire. Not only are they the perfect neutral tone to match any outfit, but they also feature an easy slip-on fitting, handy for wearing around the campsite.
Crocs Baya Men’s Navy Clogs
Crocs are making a comeback, and these Baya Men’s Clogs are sure to put you at the top of your style game. They feature an open back for easy slip-on fitting and a lightweight and flexible design to keep your feet cool and comfortable. Plus, choose from a wide range of colours and patterns.
Heart Women’s Black Chunky Sandal
With a gladiator upper and platform outsole, these Black Chunky Sandals by Heart radiate Y2K vibes. They are available in black and white and feature dual adjustable slingback straps for a tight and secure fit.
Best Trainers for Festivals
Truffle Women’s Chunky Lace Up Trainers
These Chunky Lace Up Trainers by Truffle are great if you’re looking to recreate that casual relaxed vibe that many festival-goers adore. They feature lace-up fastening for a snug fit and a padded insole designed to keep your feet comfortable throughout the day. They’re also available in black and beige.
Hush Puppies Men’s Danny Slip Ons
You can’t go wrong with a classic pair of canvas slip ons. These comfy Danny Slip Ons trainers by Hush Puppies are casual enough to pair with jeans or shorts, or can even dress down a pair of trousers. Their cushioned insole and breathable fabric makes them comfortable enough to wear all day long, too.
Tessa Women’s Lace Up Shoe
Available in six different colours and designs, these Tessa Lace Up Shoes by Hush Puppies are sure to brighten up any festival outfit. They feature a hidden padded collar and soft cushioned insole for extra comfort and its stylish finish makes sure you will stand out from the crowd.
Now you’re ready to take to the stage in style, check out the Shoe Zone blog for more tips and tricks on how you can up your style game all year round.