Last updated on October 27th, 2022 at 11:58 am
Summer is well underway, and the back-to-school season is on the horizon. Kids grow quickly – particularly their feet, so finding comfortable school shoes to fit them can be a challenge.
Now is the perfect time to prepare their school gear before September hits, starting with their shoes. Luckily, Shoe Zone has a wide selection to help you find the best school shoes for boys and girls in and out of the classroom.
What’s on this page:
- The best school shoes for girls
- The best school shoes for boys
- The best school shoes for kids outside the classroom
What should I look for when buying school shoes?
The best school shoes for your kids should be comfortable and durable, keeping little feet supported whether they are sitting cross-legged in class, or traversing the school grounds. School shoes should also be shock absorbent for endless fun and activities in the playground.
Style also plays a huge part when picking out the best school shoes. Whatever pair you choose should last a while, so it’s best to consult your kids before buying the perfect pair.
From brogues to plimsolls, and everything in between, take a look at some of the best types of school shoes for kids.
- Classic school shoes – You can’t go wrong with a classic. Not only are they the perfect formal shoes, but they are comfortable, trendy, and durable – with breathable material suited for everyday wear.
- Loafers – Easy to slip on and even easier to style, loafers offer a simple, yet formal, fit. Often made with padded insoles and grip soles, they provide extra support for the early morning school rush.
- T-bar shoes – Whether heeled or flat, this style of school shoe features a T-bar with a buckle and fastening strap for extra security. They guarantee your kid’s feet are fully supported no matter the activity.
- Brogues – Brogues are a smart classic with a slight heel for added flair, perfect for back-to-school season. With lace up fastening and stylish designs, these shoes pair well with fitted school trousers.
- Boots – Boots make the best school shoes for kids once the cooler weather settles in. Kids who want to get up and go might fancy boots with zip fastening for an adjustable and quick fit. Meanwhile, other kids may prefer a lace-up fastening for security.
- Plimsolls – Light as a feather and snug on the feet, our slip on plimsolls feature rubber soles and elasticated inserts for comfortability. These shoes are designed for long wear and are best suited for sports and P.E activities at school.
- Trainers – Trainers provide optimal comfort and style for growing feet. They go well with just about any outfit, no matter the design or colour of your kid’s P.E kit. Embrace your girl’s inner princess with white glitter trainers or make your boy shine with light-up trainers.
The best school shoes for girls
Your girl’s growing feet will require school shoes that offer a combination of comfort and style. Here are some of our top picks, perfect for the school term.
Walkright Girls’ Cat Face School Shoe
Complement your girl’s school uniform with these Cat Face School Shoes. With a return touch fasten strap, flexible outsole, and decorative cat face on the front, these make the purr-fect pair for all ages.
Lilley Girls’ Lace Up Brogue Shoe in Black
Made by Lilley, these Black Lace Up Brogue Shoes are a great addition to your girl’s school wardrobe. Kids can expect plenty of room and comfort with the rounded toe and heel height, as well as a classic style from the fine stitching and punched detailing.
Buckle My Shoe Peia Girls’ Black Patent Ankle Boot
Promising comfort all day long, these Patent Ankle Boots feature two touch fasten straps for easy fitting. Its black patent highlights the cute rubber unicorn badge by the ankle, while the gripped outside adds extra height.
The best school shoes for boys
Kick off the new school year with the best school shoes for boys, whether for quiet time in the classroom or for activities in the playground.
Trux Boys’ Slip On Shoe in Black
Get your son ready for school in half the time with these Slip On Black Shoes. The padded collar and breathable mesh lining on the inside speaks to their comfortability, ideal for longer school days.
Original Penguin Squadron Kids’ Black Trainer
These stylish Squadron Black Trainers by Original Penguin have support and security in mind. The easy lace up design adds that extra bit of security, while the padded insoles will make playground activities a breeze.
Zone Kids’ Black Coated Leather Lace Up Shoe
Comfort is easily achievable with these Wallabee-style Lace Up Shoes. The padded insole brings comfort, while the lace-up fastening and round toe promise a secure and stylish fit and stable grip on school grounds.
The best school shoes for kids outside the classroom
Kids need more flexible shoes outside of the classroom, and you can look no further than our range of comfy trainers for playground wear and P.E.
Skechers Microspec Girls’ Black Trainer
P.E might become your girl’s favourite lesson with these Microspec Black Trainers from Skechers. This sporty pair features an easy-fasten strap and elasticated laces for security, as well as padded insoles for extra comfort.
XL Kids’ Easy Fasten Trainer
Mixing stability and style, XL’s Easy Fasten Trainers showcase intricate stitching, speed laces, and a touch fasten strap for easy fitting. The thick black and white sole offers support beneath your kids’ feet, putting an extra bounce in their step for P.E and other activities.
Walkright Kids’ Slip On Plimsoll in Black
A popular kids’ shoe for everyday wear, these Slip On Black Plimsolls feature a round toe front, elasticated inserts, and a simple slip on design for effective fitting. The gripped outsole also guarantees stability for your little one’s feet.