- Which colours should I wear with brown boots?
- Do brown and black go together?
- Which male outfits do brown boots go with?
- Which female outfits do brown boots go with?
Brown boots are a versatile style you can wear all-year-round. They’re a wardrobe essential, adding a rich seasonal touch to your overall outfit.
It’s an elegant colour, which has several different shades, like tan, hazelnut, burgundy and dark brown. With so many tones to choose from, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to matching your outfit with brown boots. Our guide will give you the fashion essentials you need to know to coordinate your look.
Which colours should I wear with brown boots?
- Tan boots go with rich, autumnal colours such as burgundy, plum and mustard. They also work well with bold patterns and brighter tones.
- Hazelnut boots pair well with dark blue, but a brighter shaded coat will also go together nicely for an eye-catching look. Alternatively, hazelnut boots can hold their own in a classic all-black outfit.
- Burgundy boots match perfectly with dark velvety dresses, as the colours complement each other for a coordinated look. For men, wearing a suit of the same shade replicates this formal effect.
- Dark brown boots work with bright colours and red dresses are their best friends. Dark brown boots pair well with blue jeans and shirts too, a great outfit for women and men. Different shades of green can also complement the overall look too.
Do brown and black go together?
The old myth that brown and black tones don’t mix when creating an outfit has been disproven time and time again. As with most fashion situations, rules are made to be broken. This is especially the case with brown shoes and black trousers.
These pair together well, across all shades of brown. Lighter brown shoes use a tone that is the polar opposite of black, which can create a unique look when matched with a pair of sleep black jeans or trousers. Darker browns work even better too, ideal when going for a formal style.
Which male outfits do brown boots go with?
Brown boots match with all sorts of outfits, whatever the season. Here are some of the outfits that work best when paired with them:
- Skinny jeans and a leather jacket. It’s a good look that rock stars have been nailing since the 1960’s, and there’s a good reason for it. Pairing the darker clothing tones creates a sharp look and it’s rounded off perfectly with a pair of brown Chelsea boots.
- Fitted black or grey suit. This modern office look coordinates well with tan or brown brogues, adding an interesting quirk to an otherwise plain black outfit. Spice it up a little by going for grey, instead of black.
- Dark denim jeans and jacket. Brown boots contrast well with dark denim. Slouched jeans work particularly well together, throw on a parka to stay warm and stylish in the winter months. Just make sure you’re waterproofing your boots for when the rain sets in.
Which female outfits do brown boots go with?
Brown boots add class and style to an overall look. They make a timeless fashion statement when paired with these outfits:
- Knitted top and black leggings. Pair this outfit with Chelsea boots for a look that’s made for work and play. Throw on a pair of frilly ankle socks for a cute girly touch.
- Skinny jeans and fur-collared leather jacket. Wedge ankle boots go best with this. If you’re going for full on rock chick, plum lippy with add some drama and characters.
- Black skater dress. Styled with a pair of classic riding boots or knee length boots, simplicity is the key to this timeless look that can be worn again and again.
- Cream lace dress. One for festival season, this screams high fashion and works well during the transition from winter to spring.
- Ribbed tights, paisley print dress and fedora hat. The ultimate hippy look, harking back to the 1960s and 70s fashion heyday, while still being bang on trend today.