As the Autumn sets in, it can be tricky to know what to expect. The sun comes out one day and the rain arrives the next. This can make choosing the right footwear a bit of a minefield! What’s more, a new season brings around exciting new trends. If following fashion is your thing, you won’t want to grab last year’s footwear without checking the Autumn 2018 shoe and boot trends. Don’t keep wondering what shoes to wear in Autumn 2018, read on to find out what’s out, what’s in and where to begin!
Shoe Trends for Autumn 2018
Details, styles, prints and colours. Each of these can make your footwear look fashionable or dated. You can choose your shoes for Autumn 2018 with confidence when you know what’s hot this season.
Autumn 2018 Shoe & Boot Trends – Casual Wear
Everyday essentials can be brought up to date by paying attention to detail. Here are the latest trends you can wear all day long.
- Animal Print – Autumn 2018 is all about animalistic styles. Whether you opt for leopard, zebra or crocodile prints on your footwear you’ll be on trend.
- Western – there’s a western vibe to this season’s style. You don’t have to opt for a full-on cowboy boot to pull it off, look for styles with stitching, tassels or heavy buckles to incorporate the trend in a really wearable way.
- Square Toes – ditch pointed or rounded toes and opt for a squared off style instead this Autumn.
- Chunky Trainers – if you’ve read our post on how to wear women’s trainers in 2018, you’ll know the chunky look is in. Soles are bigger, and a sense of 90s nostalgia is coming through in the most fashionable styles. Trainers are big news and they’re great for the autumn. They’re comfortable and will offer you protection from the colder, damper weather that Autumn brings.
Going Out? These Autumn Winter 2018 Shoe Trends Will Keep You in Style
If you’re after something for an evening out, choosing at least one of these details will ensure you stay on top of the Autumn Winter 2018 footwear trends.
- Glitter – who doesn’t love a bit of it? If you have a party to go to, it’s positively encouraged to don some fancy footwear and come out sparkling!
- See through – a heel or a strap in see through material will keep you looking the part for Autumn 2018. This trend isn’t brand new, but it looks like it’s here to stay!
- Metallics – still as popular as ever, especially for evening wear.
- Sculptural heels – the top fashion houses are producing some really interesting heel shapes, but these might not be for everyday wear. Touch on this trend by picking heels that stand out, like stacked or embellished block heels.
- Bows – a classic detail, bows are making it big this Autumn. This Autumn bows should be large and soft, and could be found on the front, side or even back of your shoe.
Colours for Autumn 2018 Footwear
Choosing the right colour can help you keep your footwear up to date even if you’re not confident with flashy details, styles or prints. Here are our top colour picks for the season.
- Brown – there are so many shades of brown, and they’re all popular this Autumn. If you want to stay on trend, opt for brown footwear instead of black. It’s a simple change that’s easy to make and you’re sure to find something to suit you. This works for shoes and boots alike.
- Lavender – this trend is slightly harder to pull off but if you get it right you’ll look oh so chic. Lavender contrasts well with denim so this could be a good footwear colour to wear with your jeans.
Subheading: The Shoes to Wear in Autumn 2018
In Autumn it’s time to couple style with practicality. The weather gets cooler and less predictable and you want to look great as well as being warm and comfortable. Here are our top styles to wear in Autumn 2018:
- Lace up boots – boots with laces are still big news for Autumn. You can opt for something slim and sleek or go for a chunkier vibe for extra style points. Lace up boots are ideal for comfort as they can be fastened to your liking. This versatile style is sure to be one of your staples this season.
- Chelsea boots – the classic Chelsea boot never really goes out of style, so if you already own a pair why not polish them up ready for the autumn? If you’re shopping for a new pair and want to stay on top of the trends, look for edgy details and chunkier soles for a 2018 update.
- Ankle boots – Autumn/Winter 2018 boot trends have a big focus on ankle boots and there are a whole host of styles available. Find one to suit you and you’re all set for Autumn. Pair these with straight leg jeans and let the hem fall over your ankle boots for a feel that’s truly 2018.
- Wedges – ideal for combining height and comfort, wedges are a great go-to style. The extra balance you’ll get from this type of heel is more suitable for mixed weather when things might get a bit slippery!
- Buckles – to compliment the chunkier styles around this Autumn, buckle details are on trend. They help bring the Western trend mentioned earlier to your outfit.
- Loafers – simple and stylish, loafers bridge the gap between smart and casual. You could easily style a day to evening Autumn look with a pair of loafers on your feet.
- Ballet pumps – Autumn brings some mild days which make boots feel like too much. Opt for a lightweight pair of ballet flats instead to provide your feet with protection and warmth without feeling too closed in.
- Heels – nothing beats a great pair of heels and you don’t have to stop wearing them when the Autumnal weather sets in. Velvet is really popular this season and adds that cosy touch you need when the temperatures are a little chillier.
- Trainers – ideal for wearing in mixed weather conditions, trainers are comfortable, stylish and protective for feet. Throughout 2018 they have been becoming ever more popular and have made the switch from comfort wear to fancy footwear.
Why not give your shoedrobe a little refresh this Autumn? Whether you embrace the latest trends with excitement or simply opt for one colour, material or detail to update your look, you’ll be on top of your shoe game. After all, who can resist an excuse to buy that next pair of shoes or boots…